Udaipur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Udaipur
August 11th 2010
Published: August 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Mt Abu to Udaipur


Sorry we've been quiet for a while, we have just found a good internet cafe.
So from Mount Abu we carried on up North to Udaipur. This was our first experience on an Indian bus, a 6 hr bumpy ride to put it lightly!!!
We arrived and went to a guesthouse recommended to us, The Mewar Inn just outside the centre of Udaipur, nice room only 140rps a night. Kenny who worked at the hotel let us bring our own beers into the hotel and put them in their fridge as the were half the price at the bottle store. Food at the hotel wasn't up to much, Brad ordered a club sandwich and got 2 slices of white bread with cucumber and tomato, nice!!
Roughly 15mins and a 30rps rickshaw ride into the centre of town.
We managed to find our own personal rickshaw driver, Asif,who we rang when we needed and he would always be 10 minutes away from where we were, and always knew of a beer store on the way!!! After our first trip with him,he started bringing a mate of his with for the rides,not sure why but they were definitely always stoned.Our rides were always a laugh,i think because this guy was an animal on the roads,driving like a mad man,haha.
Udaipur is a beautiful city, lots of big old buildings and temples, we loved it!! The centre is quite hectic, motorbikes everywhere hooting all the time and every shop owner trying to sell you something. Lots of tourists. We were quite luck with the weather,a little rain but mostly hot,around 35 deg celcius. We saw an amazing huge painted Asian elephant walking down the street.
We spent a day at the City Palace, Rajasthans biggest palace, what a masterpiece!!! Watched all the naughty monkeys swinging from the trees onto the palace.Our stay here was what we needed,a couple of chilled out days where could get washing done and dried,watch some tv which we had in our room and also just do some research regarding where we were going to go next.
When we came to leave Udaipur, Kenny(the most helpful hotel porter we have had so far), bought us a necklace of flowers and a red thread bracelet and did a good luck prayer for us, was so nice. We have decided that from here its going to be time to head on north west into The Great Desert where Jaisalmer awaits...More news to come hopefully asap!!!

Cheers all xxx



Additional photos below
Photos: 73, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb