We like Lakes


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Udaipur
March 18th 2006
Published: March 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi peeps,Sorry for the lack of blogs but we hardly made it off our rooftop cos the viewa and sounds were great.We got here last night affter a nine hour bus ride.One thing you learn pretty quick out here is the lack of personal space you have but its amazing what you get used to.We had forgot how much people stare at you on the public transport.
And im not talking a casual glance we are talking full on stares inches from your face for a good hour.But there just interested to know why we would waste money traveling around there country.Pushkar was real nice it was hard to leave as even the shopkeepers are chilled out.There was alot of people (((finding themselfs man))) with a lot of talk of yoga and meditation.Its ok we are not about to change our names to moonflower and bluesky.But all good things come to and end and we felt we should try to see some more of this amazing country.
So we got to udaipur at 9ish and found a hotel (in the book)we opened the curtains and oh my god we have the best view in town right up high looking over the big lake.This is more of a city but so faw its nothing like agra and dehli.When your traveling its easy to try and say this place looks like somewhere you have been before but india is nothing like we have ever experienced.
I feel we should talk abit about the street animals out here as they play a big part in all the towns and citys.So far we have seen a cow eat a poster straight off the wall,a dog eating cow poo,and an eagle catch a squirral(this morning).But some of these poor creatures are not the best looked after most of the dogs wont come near you as they have been hit by numerous shopkeepers and housewifes all there lives.
And you see cows eating big pile3s of rubbish all the time.At first charlie wanted to pull the plastic bags and stuff from there mouths but this would take up all our time.So now we by them a bag of carrots or spinach from time to time and walk round feeding the cows(the indians find this highly amusing)But it helps us a little to deal with the situation.
But this is something that would go on if we were here our not, its just the way things are out here.
There are alot of things you see that we dont agree with but we are just passing though and these people deal with this on a day to day basis.
Anyway thats it for animal talk.
Sorry we still have not uploaded any pics yet we will try tonight.
So now its 1.20 pm and its starting to get a bit hot in here so we are going to find a rooftop restarant for a spot of lunch overlooking the massive lake. Last night we had a beer and chicken for the first time in a week as /eggs/beer/meat are all banned in pushkar as its a holy town. So till next time, take care peeps. Sorry bro, i am putting your charger to good use.love to you all/on the menus round here they have special lassi not sure what this is but we might try it sometime..
Namastar..............................Pics to follow..................


Advertisement



23rd March 2006

pups
Hi dont know if you know but iss had 8 pups- 3 white rest black saw them today month old-they are lovely-- been reading other peoples blogs- have you been on an elephant yet? have seen pic of the cows eating from the plastic bags as you said ! also people with tummy probs how is yours? looking forward to your next blog. another pin in the map..any sari's yet? Love to you both. take care xxxx
24th March 2006

like the sound of it
hello you two glad to hear your loving it ` sounds wicked charlie leave the cows to there plastic bags there used to it ` will e mail you soon with propper updait dan getting big love you piers and dan
26th March 2006

Travels over and moving on
Hi Hot and sunny in Spain to day. My travels are over flying home tonight. I cannot believe you only have six days left in India I expect you have mixed feelings about moving on to Thailand - although you will be on familiar territory there ??????? Hope you are free from any stomach bugs although I cannot imagine that you have had the odd upset stomach. Take care . Love Pamela xxxx

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb