Keoladeo National Park


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Keoladeo National Park
February 25th 2006
Published: April 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Kealadeo National Park


We left our lodge near Ranthambore National Park early in the morning to catch another train to Agra to see the Taj Mahal. Since it was on the way, we had a change of agenda to go see the bird sanctuary Keoladeo National Park. The park has just one straight, narrow road going through the center of it. They took us on a rickshaw for about a mile or so into the park, where we walked along the road to see the birds in the wetlands on both sides of the road. We got to see a few new bird species that we hadn’t seen at Ranthambore.

We took a bus from Keoladeo to Agra. This was our first opportunity to see close up some of the towns and villages in the countryside. The trains are nice, but you can’t really see much since they mostly travel through farmland and open desert-y areas.

One interesting site in the villages was giant stacks of dried cow pies the size of small huts. They use the flat round pies for cooking fires. Since the cows are sacred and can’t be killed, they make good use of their milk and other by-product.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



27th April 2006

I love...
the animals and architecture - but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to nap on a rickshaw! =)

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 86; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb