Jaipur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
March 4th 2011
Published: March 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Note from editor


As I'm sure most people will have realised from the poor pictures and terrible grammar the last blog on Jaisalmer was written by Emilie, so apologies to anyone who was expecting the same high quality images and true insight into the real India as seen in the previous blogs. Fear not though, i'll try not to disappoint on this one!

Jaipur
From Jaisalmer we caught a 12 hour overnight train to Jaipur and ensured this time we weren't late! We also came prepared with a takeaway pizza (from little Italy) for the journey. Arriving at 5am was not really ideal as the first two hotels we wanted to stay in were shut, with no one answering and another one trying to charge us for two nights as we were so early in the morning. But with a little help from a tuc tuc driver (and probably some commission to him) we found a nice place and they let us sleep in an executive room for free till 10am until our budget room was ready.

Jaipur was the first place so far in India that we cracked and had a Mcdonalds!! It is also pretty hectic with tuc tuc and rickshaw drivers constantly hassling you even when you ignore them, Emilie even got into an argument with one guy as he was such a pain she tried to shoo him away.

Found a real treat of a restaurant called 'Sheesha' on top of a high rise building where we had the best meal by a long way so far in India (also the most expensive at 20 quid!)

Heading to Agra next to see the Taj......





Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



17th March 2011

Jaipur
Great post Tom. Sounds like you're both having a great time out there. Can't believe such cultured Harrodians ended up in a McD's :D Love the Indian line painting photo. Be sure to post some graffiti for me, thanks. Will be visiting London in two weeks, shame you both can't be there. St Patricks Day today, will you frgo the cider & have a Guinness ????? Darren.

Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 76; dbt: 0.1223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb