Hotel Maduban Jaipur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
March 18th 2006
Published: March 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We're in Jaipur, India and it is really quite hot! Only slightly pink though, thank goodness for factor 50 suncream!

Jaipur is quite mad. Clearly a shopping paradise for Indian families with cash, somewhat intimidating to the foreigner, as people have been demanding that we go into their shop every ten seconds as we go along the road! Anyway, most of the time it is quite fun. We've only yelled at a few people! Our haggling skills are still quite appauling, it is horrible going from one minute thinking you have just been ripped off, to the next when you aren't sure if you have just completely exploited someone. I'm pretty sure this feeling will continue for the whole time we are here! I am dreaming of calm supermarkets and price tags already!

Anyway Jaipur is the Pink city (more orange in my opinion!), and so far today we have climbed a big minarete to look down on the city, then went round Hawa Mahal, a sort a palace/enormous screen so Rajastani ladies in purdoh could spy on other people with out being seen themselves. Lovely and quite weird at the same time!

Before here we were at Agra, spent lots of time gawping at the Taj Mahal. Quite breathtaking - definately deserves to be one of the wonders of the world. All this gorgeous carved white marble, wonderful marble inlay work with precious stones, I can bore you all for hours with the photos! And before this we were in Delhi, place of a million bilion people, all honking the horns al day and night long. Quite glad to leave after only a day, but quite looking forward to returning (briefly) when we are a bit more hardened!

Tomorrow we are off to Amber fort I think, for the day, but this will probably change!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb