Birds and buses


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
March 9th 2006
Published: March 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi Peeps after our last blog we had a good meal on the rooftop and
watched the siloute of the taj in the background/did i say charlie had
a tear in her eye when we first saw it. the next day we did a bit of a tour of agra then sat in the taj grounds for sunset.
we are not going to try to explain how amazing this place is as famous
writers and poets whould struggle to convey it.So it one of those places you have to see for your self.
The next day we set of for bhuratpur which has a would heritage bird sanctuary/We ended up staying for 3 days a lovely place called jungle lodge.But the town had no internet access for 5 days/This is somthing we are getting used to things in india dont allways work,oh well.
So the park was a really good experience not that we are twitchers but we did get well into it and we saw,mongoose,spotted dear,cranes,jackals,kingfishers,eagles plus a load more monkeys.
It seems that animals rule india just walking down the street you see cows/peacocks/monkeys/goats all sharing the road with buses ,rickshaws,and us.
This is somthing we are now used to but everyday you see something thats makes you laugh!
now we are at Jaipur which is the capital of rajasthan,staying at hotel diggi palace its the former residence of thakur of diggi .Its very posh big gardens/marble everywhere which charlie just slipped over(bambi like)bless her.Still no photos cos a few people we spoke to had there cards wiped in the internet shops so will wait till we find somewhere safe.
so far we have had a great time mixing it up with the locals who are very nice people.we got a local bus here today 4 hours 80 rupees thats about a pound.we were the only westerners on the bus so charlie was the main stareing point for most of the journey.You learn very quicky that you have no personal space on the buses,trains and the street but you build up a tougher skin quickly.they do seem to stare alot but i think they mean no harm they are just wondering what we are doing.
We are off now to sample the food in this grand hotel.chicken tikka for me cooked in a real tandori oven.City tour tomorrow.
Till next time Namaste means goodbye as well as hello,
Peace.

Advertisement



12th March 2006

Mice
Had problems with the mouse in Spain now sorted. Sounds like you are getting the feel of the country. I wish I could have made it to the Taj- perhaps one day. Have bought a map so will follow uour travels. How were the jodpurs ???? AND HOW ARE THE STOMACHS ??? Keep the blogs coming everyone reading them with interest. Pamela Carol and Richie in sunny Spain x

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb