Delhi to Jaipur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
February 12th 2006
Published: February 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Delhi to Jaipur


I have spent five days overall in Delhi & have managed to see everything listed in the guide book! I saw loads of tombs and temples along the way from all different faiths, most of which were very impressive. Two of the highlights were, the Lotus Temple which is a vast cathedral sized space designed in the shape of a lotus flower which was amazingly peaceful & the pair of white tigers at the Delhi zoo which were very handsome creatures, its a terrible shame they will probably not be around much longer. Delhi was an exhausting city, it was so busy and by the end I was very pleased to be leaving.
On my penultimate night there I met my Intrepid group who consisted of 2 Danes 1 Finn and 7 aussies, they seem like a real nice bunch of people. Everyone is relaxed and easygoing although I’m the youngest by 10 years.
Our first stop was Agra & after a quick stop in the Red Fort (awesome) we went to the Taj Mahal. Nothing quite prepares you for the view you get when you go through the gate, its stunning, the white marble seemingly glows in the sunlight & the whole structure is inlayed with semi precious stones which twinkle at sunset. We spent 3 1/2 hours there and I loved every minute of it. On the way back from the red fort in the morning I asked to have a go driving our rickshaw the driver was a bit unsure I was up to it so he spent the entire trip back perching between the back seat and the handlebars trying to make sure that I didn’t crash. As this triop goes on the forts I see seem to get more and more impressive.
In the afternoon we went to a bird sanctuary in some wetlands called Keoladeo Bird Park, it was very beautiful & we saw spotted eagles owls stalks cranes finches kingfishers antelope and even jackals. The next morning I organized a rickshaw back to the park where 5 of my group hired punts which we took through the park to see more wildlife and too watch the sunrise. That day we went by public bus for 3 ½ hours to Madograth which was a small hill fort which has been converted into a hotel and had the most amazing views across Rajasthan. We spent the afternoon in the village meeting the local kids (who never see tourists) and the evening wearing turbans and sitting on the highest tower drinking beer. Today we transferred to Jaipur and in five minutes we are off round the local market.


Advertisement



14th February 2006

big trip
hi will, keep up with the oldies! valentine day today, keep a lookout for the good lookers!
18th February 2006

Wow
Your entry ready like something out of the best of national geographic! I cant believe what an amazing time you´re having.. and the sights you´re seeing - its fantastic! Keep blogging us all - it´s great to hear you´re news. Love you!

Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 85; dbt: 0.1033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb