Jaipur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
January 27th 2006
Published: February 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Jaipur again is a very busy city. It seems very dirty even compared to Delhi. We rove through a couple of nice areas yesterday but in general it has been dirty and very polluted.

On the way in we stopped at the "Monkey Temple". It was a bit of a trek up past a series of temples and up e steep hill but once you got to the top there were amazing views over the whole of Jaipur.

Today we have been to the two hill forts (Tiger & Jahgir). These were huge and also gave great views over the city and surrounding area. We didn't go to Amber fort as we ran out of time.

We just saw an procession going down the street and followed it for a while. From what we could gather it was something to do with a wedding and as it was all men we guessed it must have been a Indian stag night. It had a huge generator pulled by horses to power the lights and a band. All the guys were dancing around like crazy and the stag was dressed up and being pulled along in the horse and cart. A bit bizare but it was probably our first look at something really indian! I'll post some pictures here when I get them on CD.

Tommorrow we're off to Pushkar which I'm not really looking forward to. We have heard from a couple of people its not that good and you get loads of hassle. Hopefully it will be a bit cleaner and quiter than here though.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0917s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb