Dont diet while u travell..


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
April 10th 2008
Published: April 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Don't Diet....


While ur travelling and want to loose weight.....
It feels really nice to have a wonderful body. Few of us are lucky enough that we don't put on extra kilos irrespective of what we eat and how much we eat. But Many of us are not that lucky. To satisfy the urge of having a full chocolate bar is like committing a sin.. Its likely that we all try and follow a short cut of dieting so that we remain in shape. A lot of diet are being recommended to loose weight.... all have promising results on papers but in reality they fail...
The reason is--
Each body type is different and so its unlikely that a diet in general will benefit you completely.
Each person has a different lifestyle, thus if you just follow a diet blindly it can lead to complications like weakness, lethargy etc.
Each person has different fat lean ratio ie: the percentage of muscles and fat in your body, so you need to be specific in your diet pattern..
When you follow a diet plan on your own, you are not aware of the technical aspect of it and likely to make mistakes. Thus its better to take advise of your dietitian before getting into a diet plan.
People who are suffering with metabolic disorders like diabetes or any heart disease or high blood pressure need to be really careful in following a diet regimen on there own.
It is better to consult a physician before you want to loose weight. We may think it is not that important to visit a doctor just coz we need to loose weight.. but the reason behind it is that whole body check up and blood test done will help your doctor and your dietitian to evaluate a specific and a personal treatment for you. Its very likely that you may be suffering form hypothyroidism (a hormonal disorder which leads to excessive weight gain). Thus, one may need a diet pattern made for loosing weight and also for hypothyroidism along with the medicines.
SO... I strongly suggest Do Not Diet.. Try and switch to a healthy diet pattern and add exercise or some physical activity in your day.
Lets try out Some Nice Salad for now*******
Recipe
Mint Pasta Salad
Serves 1
Preparation time 10 min
Ingredients-

1/2 cup pasta, boiled.
1/2 cup curd ( set the curd with double toned milk)
Fresh Mint leaves chopped. (use it according to your taste)
small tomato diced
1 tsp Olive oil
Salt and ground pepper and chat masala to taste
Method
Coat pasta with olive oil.
Sprinkle with the seasoning and mint. Turn gently to coat it well.
Add curd and mix well.
If you like drizzle some lemon juice when serving it. Patients with high blood pressure (hypertension) should use lemon juice instead of salt.
Note- Use Pasta made with durum wheat. They have low glycemic index. You can try the Sunfeast Pasta sold in Indian market or check for labels if going for a different brand.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb