More Photos!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
December 30th 2006
Published: December 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

30th December 2006, Jaipur

Finally we have access to a reasonable-speed computer and internet, so here are some more photos!

This morning we visited a vocational training centre called "Ladli" for destitute girls. They are taught many skills and I bought a cushion cover that one of the girls had made. We are going to sponsor one of the little girls when we get back to Australia.

On the way to Ladli, Cliff and Andrew had a very funny auto-rickshaw ride. Because the two of them are so heavy, and they were seated in the back, every time the rickshaw took off it would go up on two wheels.

While the rest of the group was sensible and went back to the hotel, we (Lozzy, Cliff, Andrew + I) decided to be clever and visit a shopping centre we had seen on the way to Ladli. We ended up in a construction site (the shopping centre wasn't finished yet). Not to be deterred we decided to fly the kites we had bought earlier in the carpark of the construction site, but it was a bit trickier than it looks.

We adjourned and took a rickshaw to our hotel. However, the rickshaw driver needed petrol and so the boys decided that the petrol station was the perfect place to fly kites. By the time I had gone into the shop and come and with chocolate, the rickshaw driver had tied up the kite correctly and was on the string wheel, while the local boys were taking it in turns to fly the kite. Thinking it now should be pretty easy, Andrew took the reigns and the kite immediately flew into a tree. The young boys rescued the kite from the tree and then handed the reigns back to Andrew, only for the kite to fly in a hundred circles then hit the ground.

Finally now that we are back at the hotel, Andrew and Cliff have ditched us to practice flying kites from the roof of a nearby building. I was quietly reading in my room when Andrew and Cliff come barging in requiring bandaids because the kite string had cut their hands! I secretly thought it was hilarious but pretended to be cross. Hehe.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Andrew Dancing, MadorgarghAndrew Dancing, Madorgargh
Andrew Dancing, Madorgargh

Andrew unleashes the unworldly talents that swept me off my feet nearly five years ago. I hope that his talents will soon be back in hibernation.


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb