Chronicles of the Farting Camel


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Bikaner
March 16th 2007
Published: March 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Me and Alia on our "Trusty" Steed.Me and Alia on our "Trusty" Steed.Me and Alia on our "Trusty" Steed.

You might have guessed which camel this one is.
Samir's article. We last left our um... "heroes" as they began a 6 day drive across the Rajasthani desert. Before beginning another day of driving, we went to see a fort perched on the top of a mountain. The fort was pretty important, as no elephant or battering ram had ever broken down it's gate. Or so the audio tour cassette said. There were also a lot of cannons and a museum displaying a lot of swords, sets of armour and scissor-like daggers. When we finnaly left the fort, Mom decided she wanted to go to a palace nearby, so it took a while to get back on the road again. When we finally left Johdpur, and we were driving in the general direction of Jaisalmer, we spotted a peacock. We were all pretty awed at how close to the car it was, until we moved on. From there on, we spotted soooooo(there's an o for each peacock)ooooooo many peacocks, that it became astonishingly annoying. When we got to Jaisilmer we were all pretty peacock sick. The next day we changed our plans (which we do a lot) and stayed in Jaisilmer an extra day. We visited another fort (which just happened to be there) and we basically just got ourselves lost in the narrow streets. That night we went on a camel safari, and it was really neat except when the camel got up or sat down. A camels legs bend three times when they sit down, so first we were heaved forwards, then backwards, then forwards again. The one me and Alia were first on, named Slipperfoot was young so she got up really quickly, which wasn't a good first experience. Jamil and Mom's first camel was slow getting up, but his name was Geiserfart. (Which is were the title came from) The one Dad rode the whole time was as gentle as Geiserfart, and he only farted a bit. He had an underbite, so I named him Austin. (Few will understand why) With the safari came dinner and a dance, and the dance was cool because one girl could pick a razor blade with her eye 😱 (tried it, but with no avail) but the guy could not sing. There were a lot of big black beetles in the dunes, as I forgot to mention, and they were at the place we ate dinner at too. Today we drove some more, but nothing happened really. More later.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb