in the library


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Punjab
April 28th 2006
Published: April 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

spent the whole of yesterday afternoon sitting at the cafe planning our trip and calling up hotels. not as pricy as we thought. around 800-1000Rs for 3 people.

it's so hot now...on standing up...you'll find your trousers wet from sweat...and when your skin touch a different part of your clothes...it'll feel it's hotter than your skin.

if it's humid here...then even sweating and evaporation won't work...then it'll be bad...

in the evening...we had Amen Chicken delivery...recommended by the students. had cream chicken and butter chicken. really tasty but very rich. and we had difficulty finding a place where we could eat....ended up eating at the chairs outside the library.

this dog turned up halfway through the meal. waiting for some food i guess. but was very good and just sat there. we collected the bones and tried to get it to follow us after the meal so we can put them somewhere out of sight. but it wouldn't. so we just put it down somewhere. hopefully it'll get it later.

28 April FRI

long morning round today. the professor also got mad for the first time i was here. a patient had diabetic foot and big big ulcer at the heels. when they showed the wound...it was dry and not very pink today. and he questioned who did the dressing. turned out a more junior doctor did. and he questioned why he did it. i guess the more seniors were supposed to do it. i think maybe there was something missing in the dressing.

and there was another patient. a young guy who had surgery for # femur 5 days ago....but still sitting in bed and could hardly bend the knee and get up. and the professor scolded him and told him that he needed to put in the effort and bear the pain otherwise he wouln't walk and get would get bedsores. apparently he should be able to do all that on the 2nd day already.

need to write a report before sat. some comments about what i've learnt and what i thought of the unit to hand in to the professor.


also figuring out the HO selection. maybe will but 2 ortho and 2 surgery at the top and then rotate the others in fours down the list. and for those maybe should put some of the less popular ones higher up...cos might not be able to compete for the very popular ones...


trauma call today...so just waiting around the any cases admitted. so now in the library.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0784s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb