In INDIA!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Punjab
April 18th 2006
Published: April 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

wow this is the first entry in india....haven't been able to get much internet access since our arrival on 13th...

the flight on air india was alright...we sat right in front of the tv screen...but it didn't work...the veg meal was good....and the toilets are quite clean...leg room was also ample....

but it was a different story when we arrived at delhi...we managed to get a prepaid taxi.....if it could be called that....it was this tiny little van a bit like the bread cars in china but only smaller and flimsier....there was a LPG tank at the back...where we dumped our luggage on....

the drive to the hostel was horrible..we had to open the windows....but the air was full of the sounds of horns and smoke and petrol....even when there was traffic it was still the same case...the smell was still there....so we must be smelling our own exhaust....

the driving was crazy as well...it really took some getting used to....2 lanes here would fit 3 cars....and people don't use the rear view mirrors....cars even have the side mirrors folded or they're not present at all....

everything was smooth at the hostel...there was an a/c room with ensuite bathroom.

14th april

went to connaught place...dropped off at the palika bazar which we thought was gonna be a really nice shopping complex...turned out to be a smoke filled underground dungeon.....

connaught place was supposed to be the centre of delhi...and we found the government tourist office without much problem....

we also went to SIGHT INDIA which was a travel agent and hired a car down to Jaipur and also booked a hotel for overnight stay. we were lucky...cos we originally planned to go to the Red fort in delhi in the evening....turned out it was only 500m away from the bomb blasts there that night.

so we set off in the afternoon to Jaipur for a drive of a lifetime....

Advertisement



18th April 2006

hey, here's ching ching writing for mommy... hope ur having fun there, anything like what u imagined before !? (well maybe didn't quite imagine the blast... that was lucky) say hi to kandice and joyce and take care be careful ~

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb