Day 17 - Mandi to Chandigarh


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Punjab » Chandigarh
June 11th 2011
Published: July 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Got up as usual at 4:45am for which we all have got accustomed to by now, we got ready by 5:30 am and then packed all our luggages on our bikes and left at 6:30am.

Rode through curvaceous and mountainous roads between Mandi and Chandigarh which was painstakingly slow because of the curvaceous roads with lot of gradients added to which heavy truck traffic and reached Chandigarh by about 1:30pm. Ofcourse we stopped for a quick lunch on the way just at the outskirts of Chandigarh because we didn’t want to waste time.

As soon as we reached Sector 28-D, we checked into Hotel white Palace who gave us a palatial suite with 4 beds, a couch and a dining table. Then we all quickly packed all the luggage to be sent by truck and went to GATI by about 4pm and booked our 3 bikes and the luggage and then returned to the hotel by about 5pm. Then had some ice creams to cool all of us down at CCD and then came back hotel and had bath and then decided to go for dinner at the “Capita mall” which was disappointing as they did not have even one restaurant.

Then returned to Sector 28 and contacted Vinayak to find out about good restaurants. He suggested that “Madhya marg” in Sector 26 had some good joints and had variety.

Hence decided to take a shot and went to Sector 26. Once we reached there found a good restaurant called “Kava”. We decided to go in and had a great time with the food and the beverage.
Met a oraian by name Prathyuh who had earlier worked in Bangalore but currently working in Chandigarh. Had some good time there with great food and wonderful drinks.

Then returned to the hotel by about 12 pm and then slept immediately.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0661s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb