India Continued


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Punjab » Chandigarh
April 18th 2011
Published: April 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So, our plan on the day after we arrived in Chandigarh was to have the driver take us to the bride's house at 11:30am so we could make it in time for one of the wedding ceremonies. The alarm was set for 10:00am, but unfortunately it was too quiet and we ended up sleeping until 11:30! We rushed around to get ready only to find out that the driver wasn't there, yet, thankfully. We requested a 12:30 pick up which gave me more time to get ready. Jonathan was out taking care of getting cash out of an ATM to pay the driver that drove us from the airport to Chandigarh. He was actually waiting for Jonathan in the lobby of the hotel that morning for his money! Jonathan went on a hunt to find a functioning ATM that actually had money, and after 40 minutes he was successful! We made it with plenty of time to spare to the bride's house and spent about 3 hours there watching the ceremony, getting the henna tattoo and just people watching and taking it all in. Everything was perfect...there was so much food, so many interesting people to talk to...it was like nothing we've experienced before! After the ceremony we headed back to the hotel, relaxed for a few hours, then went back to the bride's house for yet another party! There was more food, more drinks, more interesting conversations and more people watching! We got back to the hotel room around 11:00pm and crashed hard! We had a free afternoon the next day, and Jonathan decided to head to one of the markets to do some exploring. I stayed in and relaxed in the nice and cool air conditioned room. 😊 He came back with some great pictures, and some new clothes for both of us...as well as some awesome jewelry for me! We ended up taking a nap before getting ready for the big night...

India- to be continued!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb