To Pondicherry to Peace


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Pondicherry
January 21st 2013
Published: January 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Peaceful Pondycherry

Being a Bangalorean is tough... Life is not that easy, life is at light speed.. Referring to ying yang, if u find peace, next up is burden... I had my share of burden in Bangalore facing the traffic, pollution, noise. It was clearly a time for peace... So I looked up at my Bucket list and rounded off on Pondicherry which is hidden 400kms from Bangalore. I packed my bags filled the fuel and started my car... the roads are extremely good considering it India’s one of the best national highways...

What was unknown about Pondicherry is it was a French territory during the colonial ruling. The French Installed a state of the art infrastructure, laneways and seaways, the architecture is like two sides of a coin. You get a glimpse of French architecture, the municipal buildings, the road signs, the old opera houses and even some houses are built in French ways. On the other part of the city you get to see Tamil architecture, beauty on par with the French colony. It’s commonly called Tamil square. Now it’s a union territory where taxes for liquid resources such as liquor and petrol is cut off.

There are as many as 4 5 beaches but main attraction are the Auroville beach, Promenade beach, Paradise beach, each different and beautiful in its own way. While Auroville beach synonyms with peace where people spend early mornings with meditations and fishermen go sailing. The promenade beach is one of its kinds where the city roads are built on the shore called the ‘marine drive’ the huge stone settlements are a treat, an abstract picture. Paradise beach is the queen its between backwaters and river... The way it is surprised me. You need to hire a boat to visit this place.

One more interesting thing about Pondicherry is everyone seems to be peaceful and filled with philosophical and spiritual knowledge, the reason being the Aurobindo ashram where Aurobindo gosh a philosopher installed his ashram to provide peace to those who seek. He along with Mirra Richard his spiritual associate started the Auroville, a City within the city. Auroville was founded by Mirra Richard or commonly called the mother. Here in auroville there is no such thing as religion, race, caste, and creed. Their aim is to live in harmony. Auroville is build according to the idea of reusable resources and energy. There is no usage of primary energy resource as petrol, electricity etc. Everything is run through alternate fuel. This place is an example of future living.

The food in Pondicherry has to get a special mention. One gets to eat Indian, Mexican, French, Italian, Tibetan, and English foods. Reason why it’s so good is the food is authentic. French prepare croissants, Indians make rotis, English makes pancakes and not the other way which would be food apocalypse..

My journey to Pondicherry was blissful, though i might not have a influence of modern spirituality or philosophies what provided my mind peace and my heart a sense of happiness was the nature. I hope it stays that way.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb