Bonjour Pondy


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Pondicherry
May 12th 2006
Published: May 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Not much to say about Pondicherry...the old part is quite french the new part very indian

Hired a moped for the day and made the trip out to Auroville the "dreamchild" of Sri Aurobindo and "The Mother" a French woman back in the early 1900s. It's a project in "human unity" loads of people from all over the world living in india, where no religion or race or politics takes precendence over another.

Tried out some of the beaches north of the city, not up to much so headed south, to find another recommended one...couldn't find the bloody thing! Not until it was too late to get there, apparently have to go by boat.

As not much to do, in the evening found a gym and then headed off for something to eat.

That's about it, had these great intentions of doing a Yoga class...but they fell flat on their face when I couldn't find the Yoga place! Still the moped was fun...especially driving in an indian city...I was beeping like the best of them....never used the horn so much!!!

Next day caught the bus to Mamallapuram...Tamil Nadu's only beach resort...last bit of sun before heading to the hills....Himalayalan bound!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb