Orissa


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Orissa
February 8th 2008
Published: February 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Coconut Palm trees touching the blue sky, ancient temples, Puri, the friendly town with the views of the Bay of Bengal, Chilika Lake the fantastic Lagoon offering refugee to the migrating birds coming from as far as Siberia and Manchuria crossing the Himalayas, Bhubaneswar with its sublime temples and architecture, sunshine and friendly people greeted me in Orissa. I have enjoyed every minute of it: ) I have stayed in a hotel, once home of a Maharaja, enjoyed the view of the green rice fields and could not help but smile while many of the Indian tourists lined up to take a picture with me in Konark in front of the majestic Sun Temple : )))

Égig érő pálmafák, a több száz éves templomok közül kiemelkedő Sun Temple, egy barátságos tengerparti városka mely Puri névre hallgat, a csodás Chilika Tó ahova minden évben oly messzi tájakról vándorolnak madarak, mint Szibéria avagy Mancsuria, Bhubaneswar templomépítészeti remekművei, ragyogó napsütés és kedves emberek fogadtak Indiának ezen a Bengáli Öböl menti tartományában.
Rengeteg remek élményben volt részem. Megszálltam egy hotelben, mely egy Maharadzsa otthona volt. Gyönyörködtem a rikító zöld rizsföldekben és mosolyogva hagytam, hogy a sorban álló indiai turisták lefotóztassák magukat velem egymás után Konarkban : )))




Additional photos below
Photos: 73, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Bay of BengalBay of Bengal
Bay of Bengal

Naturally not without a Cow... A Bengali Obol. Termeszetesen ez sem lehet Szent Tehen mentes...
Me being photographed by the crowdMe being photographed by the crowd
Me being photographed by the crowd

You cannot stop enjoying the friendliness of the people. The Grandma behind me was clearly sooo happy to have me in her picture: ))) Az emberek sorban alltak hogy lefotoztassak magukat velem. nem lehet nem elvezni a popularitast. a Nagymama mogottem annyira de annyira orult neki hogy rajta leszek a fotojan : )))


17th February 2008

Orissa
Lovely pictures Kataline. Orissa was one of the highlights of India for me. I have some very similar pictures from Puri and Bhubaneshwar. I stayed with my wife at that great hotel in Puri too. Did you get up to the hill tribes in Orissa. Check out pics on our travelblog: WazzaSof Have fun if you are still traveling!
23rd April 2008

Some Clutural Events of Orissa
here is an article of one of the event which represents the culuture of Orissa http://news.fullorissa.com/Detail_News.aspx?NewsID=509 watch the video available at the above location... that is really interesting

Tot: 0.36s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 30; qc: 153; dbt: 0.1529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb