Delhi


Advertisement
Published: December 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The drive from Jaipur to DelhiThe drive from Jaipur to DelhiThe drive from Jaipur to Delhi

Typical street scenes
Today we had a big drive back to Delhi and "the Connaught Hotel". We said our Goodbye's to Sanjeev our wonderful bus driver for the past whirlwind four day tour that we had undertaken. Sanjeev's familly live back in the mountains in Northern India, and he bases himself in Delhi to earn money and sees them only occasionally. We decided we needed an extra suitcase for the Souveniors we had acquired so embarked on the challenge of shopping in the Connaught area in New Delhi. The area was busy with market style stalls and loads of touters who were really annoying. They follow you for streets if you show any interest in their products such as Marco's desire for sunglasses! We walked for a while and ended up a laneway that had the strongest stench of urine. Thank God for the jar of Vicks that I carried in my handbag. We dined at the Hotel with a very chatty waiter and the accompaniment of Classical Indian music. We all needed a decent nights sleep and looked forward to cooler temperatures in Nepal.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb