Chaos in Delhi!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
March 7th 2006
Published: March 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys and gals,

Just to let you know we have lots of photos but the connection speed in is so bad I have been unable to upload any. As soon as we get to Mumbai where hopefully the connection speeds will be better, I will post them.

for anyone who wants to comment on the blog and get there own back there is a way of writing a comment back to us on this web page or you can email me(dave) at bombaybadboy6@hotmail.com or tony at fellone@gmail.com

Hope you enjoy the read cheers


Delhi

Well after a year long wait and 12 hours on a plane we finally reach the first destination in our two year itinerary, Delhi. A truly mad, hectic, and dirty city where cows freely roam the main highways without a care in the world, often looking for the most obstructive but amusing place to stand. A city where there seems to be no rules on the road, only “rough guidelines” which regularly including driving on the wrong side of the road playing chicken with the oncoming traffic. A ride in a tuk tuk is like a death ride at a fair ground, nemesis in Alton towers comes to mind

Pretty much everyone we come across is trying to get us to spend money in their shop/hotel, to the locals we must look like a walking ATM machine. This harassment is a little annoying but given the given the extreme poverty this is to be expected.
We only spent a day and night in Delhi, which is plenty we had a wonder to the Red Fort, which is well, red. Fort looks better from the outside and there is little to see on the inside. The highlight of this tour was when a couple of locals asked us to be in their photos of the Red Fort. For many we are a novelty, most of the kids want to shake our hands and practice their English on us. Tomorrow we venture down to Agra.

DAVE;

Well peeps this is my first entry so don t expect the watered down version. You know me tell it how it is. But I ve got to leave some stuff out coz we ve only got one version of this at the mo coz tony was to lazy to make one for the parents.hi mum, hi dad. Anyway lets start the journey……….

Delhi; this place is insane! Every time we get into taxi/tuk tuk its like being in a car with bruce willis! You fear for your life, literally. You might even crash into the odd cow that’s stood in the middle of the road and no one slows down! But just like good old brucie we ve not had a scrape or even seen a crash yet! We ve been to the red fort today which was about as intersesting as watching city play! Enough said on that. Were bein really borin and goin to bed in a minute as we ve gotta get up a 4.30 in he morning!!!!! And I thought this was a holiday! Laters…..



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



21st March 2006

nice pictures ye lucky bastards
hey dave good to hear your back on the road,love to be there,great photos man,pity about that naff a.j. hackett cap. jamesy aka dennis bergkamp.

Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 22; qc: 103; dbt: 0.096s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb