Coakroach on my pillow!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
August 16th 2008
Published: August 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We all woke up at 10.30am and ate cereal bars and cornflakes (no milk) for breakfast. Me (maz), Helen and Janine got ready (kelly wasn't very well so wanted to stay behind) and we got on the metro to Chandni Chowk to see the market there and the Red Fort.

As soon as we exited the metro (just our luck) a downpour appeared and flooded the whole place and we were soaked so after waiting for what seemed like ages for it to stop (it didn't) we thought we would take the metro back to Rajvi Chowk where Connaught place is and seek refuge in the McDonalds there.

We walked into McDonalds and i ordered a fanta (not fanta but some other bright orange drink!) and the Helen and Janine got fries. As i was waiting for the other girls to finish i noticed some westerners on a table. There were no other seats anywhere so (noticing that we were also westerners) they let us sit with them. They were two students from a military university in New York who had come to India to volunteer. They had been all over India for about 6 weeks and were leaving for the airport at midnight tonight.

We chatted with them for a while and it was really nice that we actually met some other people that spoke english. We all arranged to meet up at 5.30pm for dinner and drinks that evening.

We left McDonalds and got back on the metro to the hotel. We told kelly that we were meeting some americans for dinner but she wasn't feeling 100% up to it so told us she was just gonna chill in bed.

We chilled at the hotel for a bit and then the three of us got ready and headed back to Connaught place. We met the americans and they took us to a traditional indian restaurant where they all got wraps with either chicken, cheese or potato in and i got vegetable biryani (enough with the rice!). It wasn't amazing but the food was relatively tasty.

After dinner we went to a place called Q'BA which is a posh restaurant/bar. We sat up on the terrace which was really nice because you could see the views over Delhi. We could see fireworks in the distance and a crowd of people gathered in Connaught place.

We all ordered beer and chatted for a while. After a little bit another american joined us but only for a short while because at about 8.30pm they left to catch their flight back home. Me and the girls headed back on the metro to the hotel after they left. We all felt a bit tipsy which was nice because for one night we managed to forget the horror on India!

We got back to our rooms (me and helen, Kelly and Janine) and watched a film in bed.

At about 11.00pm Kelly (who was lying on her bed) felt something move on her pillow and realised it was a cockroach. She screamed and jumped out of bed and then janine jumped out of bed because kelly did and they both freaked out at the cockroach crawling in the bed!! Janine ran outside and asked one of the hotel workers to come and get the cockroach out.....but he couldn't understand her and kept saying 'you want more toilet paper madam?' She was like 'no, there's a cockroach in our room' and she took him inside and he finally got it. He managed to find the cockroach and picked it up with his hands and took it outside. He also found a dead cockroach in their room. After that they both kept shivering at the thought that there were 2 cockroaches in their room so Kelly slept on the sofa the whole night. Me and helen had no idea this was going on.....we were peacefully in bed!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb