Our first day in Delhi


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
August 12th 2008
Published: August 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The train was around an hour and half late coming into Delhi, so we arrived at 7:50am. Once we arrived we found a taxi who took us to a tour operator to book a hotel. The tour guide got in the teeny tiny taxi with us even though there was no room to show us three hotels. The first one was GROSS! The second and third were similar so we went fo the third called Aman Palace Hotel, where we booked in for one night.

Helen, Maz and I (J9) went for a walk and to find food. We walked for quite a bit before finding a coffee shop by Karol Bagh Metro station. We had some snacks and walked back to the hotel for a little sleep.

We woke at 4:30pm and Maz and I went the ask the hotel manager where we could find a shopping mall. He told us to get the metro to Rajouri Gardens. So we all headed to Karol Bagh station (paid 11 rupees each and got given a good frisking) and got on the blue line. We were all shocked at how modern and clean the metro was, totally different to everything else in India!

We got off the metro and was so happy to see the mall and shops. We went into the nearest mall and found lots of nice restaurants. We choose a Chinese restaurant called Yo China! And all ordered a combo meal each..it was tasty! We then had a walk around the shops before getting the metro back to the hotel.

We chilled and went to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb