The Big City


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
November 5th 2005
Published: November 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hello

We took an overnight train to Delhi. The train ride was a blast! Our Nepalese tour leader, Beebal, suggested it would be a much better journey with a bottle of Indian Rum.. Well the old Monk is Fantastic.. I got hooked on it.. shocking I know. So we had all this rum, bought mix, had no cups.. There were the regular guys on the train selling stuff, so we asked for some cups from the tea guy. Confused the hell out of him, ended up buying cups no tea, he thought we were nuts, but everytime he walked past us, he modified his "tea, chai" to include 'cups'.. the people here must just shake their heads and think ' crazy westerners'.
We also played "I spy" and had an absolute blast.. the train was so fun. We arrived in Delhi and took an optional sight seeing tour to a Huge Mosque, the old city and to Red Fort. The fort was amazing. It was huge and beautifully built, very incricate carving in the stone and marble, and gorgeous mosiacs, just amazing. We also went to the Ghandi memorial which was quite peaceful and very well kept. We then headed to the India arch which is like the Arch De triumph in Paris, I know I spelt that wrong, sorry mom.. haha ..

It was also in Delhi that we joined with the tour that was doing just India. Fresh blood we called it, but the people turned out to be awesome especially Ben and Laura who live in England. I am going to visit them before heading home.

Tomorrow the Bus to Agra!!!


Advertisement



21st November 2005

Trip to Agra
Hi Tami Very exciting . . . . I haven't bothered you for any momentos but when you go to Agra could you just snitch a little piece of the Taj Mahal to bring back for your cousin in law??? Just a spare jewel or something like that . . . it looks like it could use a little cleaning up (so to speak) P.S. your car is driving great . . . .. we should be good on the photo radar as well because you have moved and they wouldn't know where to find you . . .. I will make sure it is washed before you get back

Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb