India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
January 12th 2008
Published: January 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It has been a very eventful and jam packed two weeks. We will try our best to recap our adventures. The boys were excellent on the plane. Fortunately, we all had our own tv screens and were able to watch whatever we wanted to on demand. Jodhan loved this feature. He flipped back and forth from "Bob the Builder", the flight map, and a few disney movies. We spent a night in London and were praising Auntie Dee Dee as we played "Diego" checkers and "Elmo" go fish at 3:00 am. It was rough trying to keep the boys quiet for two hours while they were wide awake.
The flight to Delhi was also good but the line up at immigration was a nightmare as three international flights arrived at the same time as ours. People were pushing and shoving to try to get ahead...welcome to India - where the words "wait your turn i line" do not exist. Luckily, we ran into Khushy and Agyapal at the airport and they brought our luggage to Bassian in a car while we took the train.
Although exhausted, Jodhan and Rishin were excited to be at the train station. "Oh, wow!!". It was nice to arrive at 4"30 am to beat the morning rush. The boys were able to run and dance around entertaining a few locals. They both slept for a few hours and enjoyed their first experience on a sleeper train. As for the parents, the train berths seemed to be a lot narrower than we remembered.
Papaji (jas' Dad) met us at the station in Ludhiana. After a breakfast stop at Amer Masi's house, we were in the village just after noon. The drive to Bassian was made interesting as we played who could spot the water buffalos and mustard flowers first. Jodhan bonded instantly with his cousins and was flying kites on the riiotops in no time. Rishin tried his best to keep up and did quite well for the most part.
Some of the other highlights of our stay in the Punjab were seeing the Golden Temple, a bull cart ride around the village and farms, pedal rickshaw rides and meeting real rural folk who had never seen a white person before in their lives.
The Lodhi party was deemed a sucess by all. It was nice to see family and friends together in one spot. The party ws quite the event as we were led in by a marching band with bagpipes and all. Unfortunately, as Rishin was just recovering from a bout of severe stomach illness, we couldn't fully relax enough to enjoy the programme sufficiently.
We are currently in Delhi and are off to Gwaloir tomorrow. We will provide a Delhi experience as soon as time or four and two year olds allow. Travelling in India is much diferent with kids. We are making far more uses of the pedal/auto rickshaws (true expats😊). all things considered, the boys are travelling really well. Jodhan still is enthusiastic about anything and everything. Rishin finally got his cheese quesadilla with guacamole so he is happy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



12th January 2008

Wow
Hi guys, It is so good to see you all in the photos, bet you can't wait to get a tan!!! I assume that Dehli has been a bit warmer for you. Missing you all very much. Can't wait to see and hear more....keep the blogs coming! Love you!
15th January 2008

Nice to hear from you
Hello Jodhan and family Happy to hear you're all having a great time. The pictures are great. Jodhan riding on a pedal rickshaw and Rishin milking a cow. What an experience? Nice family photos too. Just wondering...do they have bigger buckets for the adults to have baths??? lol. Looking forward to your next entry......have fun and stay safe. Annie (Little Sprout Preschool)
16th January 2008

Yahoo!
Great news and fantastic photos! It sounds like the trip is going fabulously and your uncertainties have faded away!! Gareth

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb