DirtyDelhi


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
January 7th 2008
Published: January 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

shithole Delhi!shithole Delhi!shithole Delhi!

the neighborhood of our first-3-days hotel... (Pahar Ganj)
~ So taking a 2 hour flight delay on the hip, we arrived some 2 jumbo 747's and 17 hours later in Delhi. First thing we noticed was the construction at the airport - not there when I was here 2 years ago. And the particulate matter that was oozing through the air all about us .. Everything, especially objects that haven't moved in a couple days, has a thin layer of dirt coating it. . .
Luckily our driver was waiting for us with a printed sign, and took us, ever so slowly, to our hotel. On the way he quieried us in typical Indian style; 'where from?' and 'are you lovers?' and later informing us that we were crazy... when asked why, he was bashful, but finally admitted that the boy and girl sharing a room together was crazy... he was kinda serious.. apparently this kind of bafflement is common, so as not to worry about this hastle anymore, from now on we're married!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

cheeky boy on the schoolbuscheeky boy on the schoolbus
cheeky boy on the schoolbus

everything comes on bikes
Cow pettingCow petting
Cow petting

Lex in love with adorned bovine beast
Bikes and bikesBikes and bikes
Bikes and bikes

this is how you get around.


7th January 2008

glad you both arrived safely.. have a great trip. - :)
7th January 2008

aw
i miss you guys..im so glad you have this travel blog thing. awesome. looking forward to hearing all about it. love you!!!!!
7th January 2008

To the newlyweds...
Congratulations! India makes for a great honeymoon, I suppose.
7th January 2008

TyLex
Sounds like a medication! Also: "particulate matter" ? LOL NERDS
7th January 2008

I'm just jealous
Also, tell everyone you're on your honeymoon, I hear you get a lot of special treatment.
7th January 2008

So very exciting, can't wait to read more about your trip. You two "married couple-ha" are going to have a blast. So jealous.
8th January 2008

Congrats!!! hahaha lololol!!!!
8th January 2008

yeah India
Fun fun fun!!!!! keep writing those blogs!!!
13th January 2008

weee
thanks Regan! glad you liked it:) good to hear from ya~ t
22nd January 2008

I'm heartbroken Tyler! You promised me your hand marriage (I think in '00 in Venice or was it Budapest?... either way) so now what am I gonna do? ;) Hope your trip brings experiences galore. Cheers!

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb