oh my sweet lord


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
August 28th 2007
Published: August 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

bloody hell, what a shock to the system india is! we got off the plane and the heat was incredible and very humid. we made our way to the hostel in the dodgyest bus you will every see! we were droppd off on the main bazzare with no idea where we were or where the hostel was! we eventually found it down an alley that was lined with urinals, nice.

anyway, delhi (being the capital) is hectic. there are no road rules and its everyman for himself! people cross motorways and cows just roam freely in the street, headbutting you as they please! we had a day and a half in delhi and we saw loads. many forts and temples and amazing palaces that you wouldnt believe! its so strange as delhi is full of poverty and then all of a sudden you will see a huge palace or temple in the middle fo a slum, it seems a little odd but the contrast is amazing. to be honest, i was pleased to leave delhi as the cultutre shock and the poverty and the begging was a bit much.

india is very hard to travel and the easiest way to travel (to my delight) is by air conditioned car! we have currently got a driver for the next two weeks so all is good! he is taking us from delhi to agra (where the taj mahal is) via bikanear, jaisalmer, jodhpur, udipur, pushka, ajmal, and agra i think!

the food is delhi is pretty expensive as the street food, i wouldnt touch with a barge pole and the restaurants are a bit expensive. i have had a few good curry's though so im a happy chappy!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb