Last stop - Delhi


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
December 2nd 2006
Published: December 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Treated ourselves to a bit of luxury and comfort for a couple of nights in Delhi, bliss, so the sightseeing time was limited. Had a city tour in a tuk-tuk (see the photos) and spent a day finishing off our Christmas shopping.

Went to the cinema to watch Casino Royal and for the first half the sound was out of sync with the picture. It's amazing what a difference this makes!

Decided that to save us another very early start in the morning for our flight to Hong Kong we would just stay at the retiring rooms in the airport. We had checked out that this was possible a number of times so you'll understand our disappointment when we turned up to be told that they had been closed down some time ago. Instead we had to spend our last night in India in the waiting lounge bar across the road (not allowed into the terminal till 3 hours before your flight) with the mice. Funny in hindsight but at the time it just seemed to sum up India for us. We had never been so happy to get on an early morning plane!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.106s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb