Trip to Agra and Jaipur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
November 20th 2006
Published: November 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We planned to start at 6AM for Agra but actually started at 10 AM .Though it was Saturday but traffic was still very heavy. All sort of vehicles were on Road right from Bullock carts to people riding on Elephants , My younger daughter was very thrilled to see all this and kept popping up lot of questions. It took us almost 3 hours to reach at Mathura. Which in itself is a very famous city because of birth place of Lord Krishna.
We stopped in front of Mathura refinery , there were good way side restaurant . From there it took us another two hours. We thought at least approach to Taj Mahel will be a neat and clean one , but keeping up to it’s bad reputation 6 km stretch of Road was in worst condition and it was jam packed with trucks and carts. It took us almost one hour to cross this road and reach near Red fort. It is really a massive structure. We were so tired by this time that our all enthusiasm to see one of the wonders of world had gone.
After reaching near Taj we parked and took a camel cart to reach the entrance ,there was a long queue for entrance on the west gate, we were informed by one of my friend that there are two other entrance gates where you will find no queues. One thing I would like to mention here that every thing is very negotiable here ,Guides started asking for Rs 275/- and agreed finally for only Rs 50/-..He took us through lanes to another gate and there was virtually no queue.
The first sight as one enter from gates is really unexplainable. No photograph no words can fully express it. All our tiredness was completely gone , Only thought came to my mind was India has great past , as the events are turning up it seems to have great future too but it will need grate efforts from each individual Indians. As we reached the main structure there again was big queue to enter in it. There was no light inside so nothing was visible. But still in dim light carving in stones was looking just amazing.
At the back River Yamuna was flowing calmly . Even from far lot of garbage was visible floating in it. We stayed in Agra till 6.00 Pm and decided to drive to Jaipur rather than staying in Agra.
Again the road leading from Taj to expressway to Jaipur was very narrow. It took us almost two hours just to reach out of town. The expressway itself is under construction and only single lane was open ,it was very tiring and dangerous to drive in such conditions . As we were 20 KM to Jaipur our one tyre went flat. Luckily we were helped by a local truckie to change it . We reached at 2.00 Am in Jaipur everybody was very tired so we just located a hotel and went to sleep.
I will continue with our stay in Jaipur

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb