Last day in Delhi- hurray!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
November 4th 2006
Published: November 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We woke early today to move hotels as we took an instant dislike to the men running the one we were staying in. We moved our rucksacks (getting heavier by the day) to our new hotel, the Soma, (didnt think it couldve got any worse then the Mohan International, boy was i wrong).

We then went back to original hotel to meet taxi driver for our Delhi tour. As we were waiting in reception we met a woman called SImone from Miami, who had just arrived and was on her way to a local orphange with donations of clothes, toys, books, medicine, money, you name it for the kids. She asked us to come with her, and we jumped at the chance! (still not getting any response from the orphange i have planned a trip to)

This Orphange was absolutely amazing. It was small but well kept and fantastically equipped. It was heart breaking to see these children, most of whom were quite disabled, mentally retarded, or were simply abandoned by roadsides but yet were still smiling! We stayed a while playing with the children made some donations and then left feeling quite sombre and not actuially in the mood to drive around Delhi!! Never the less we emabarked on a whistlestop tour of the city, Simone in tow (this woman was something else. head to foot in prada and louis vuitton, high heels ripped jeans bought 2 suitcases of clothes for a 4 week stay but kept referring to herself as a genuine backpacker... erm no love).
India is crazy, there are cows, goats and monkeys everywhere- not forgetting the flea ridden dogs which nearly get run over by these lunatic drivers a million times a day!!

We visited Parliament House, the Qutab Minar, the Lotus Temple, Ghandi's Tomb, India Gate and the Red Fort. Quite a full packed afternoon, ended up in COnnaught Place which is a shopping area, looked round for a while then went for dinner. Was ready to get rid of SImone by the time we got back. One of her classic bimbo comments of the day were: 'Do you think Muslims think Hindu's are sluts cos they wear sari's with their bellies out, and muslims cover up? What the hell do you answer to that??

We then retired to our pit of a 'hotel' for our last night in Delhi, promising ourselves never to return!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb