Flavors of India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » Delhi » Qutub Minar
June 1st 2017
Published: March 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Indian food...Indian food...Indian food...



I'm sure many of us travellers coming to India relish in the thought of eating Indian food on a daily basis...and in the motherland itself!!! Here's a few tips I have for surviving the food in India:



It often tastes better than it looks so don't shy away from those weird looking gravies and poorly planned place settings.

Just because the dishes look clean...even the locals know better to wipe their plates and silverware with a napkin before diving in.

Learn to eat with your hands (preferably only the right one which is needless to say easier said than done)

Rats and Cockroaches might seem like safety concerns and health issues in the States...but here in India these sacred species are allowed to sit at the table with you while you dine. And if you find a bug in your food, unless your a vegetarian don't plan on the waiter sending back your order to the chef.

Hand sanitizer...best invention EVER.

Stomach problems and getting sick from Indian food is normal for foreigner travellers not accustomed to the food. Best advice...if your going to regret eating something in the night, better make sure it was worth the visit to the washroom.

Water. Don't drink it unless its bottled. And don't drink the bottled water unless its legitimate...the little boys at the bus stand selling the water might seem cute, but they most likely got their "bottled water" from the unmonitored toilet supply taps. And a brand new 50 paisa cap with unbroken seal on the used bottle.



Dining in India doesn't always have to be scary...fresh fruits, vegetarian cuisines and spicy tandooris makes India a truly roulette wheel of flavors!!!

Please check out my website: https://www.kryskolumbustravel.com

Also: www.krystal-kelly.com


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb