Trip to Mcleaodganj


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » Delhi » Karol Bagh
August 15th 2014
Published: August 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Travelogue to Dharamshala





To reach Dharamshala there is 24x7 bus service from ISBT Kashmiri Gate from where you can book a Volvo, Ac, luxury, deluxe and semi-deluxe bus.

We started our journey at night 9:20 by boarding a bus from ISBT Kashmiri Gate. My elder brother booked the ticket in advanced from website of Himachal Roadways. Earlier we thought it would be deluxe non-ac bus but actually it was an AC coach. Afterwards, we began our journey in bus from Delhi to Dharamshala. It took us total 12 hours to reach Dharamshala in between bus stopped at three points for refreshment first at night around 12 pm on highway dhaba, secondly at some mid way and lastly at point where the actual hill start for about 4 hours continuous.



This is the third halt point where we stopped at 4 in the morning. At that time weather was quite cool and the road was empty.

From that point hill started and the view was awesome as there was greenery all around and the below the hill road was beautiful looking river running alongside. This hill road journey seem to be quite difficult for those who are not used to travel in hills as there were sharp turns and curves where you could feel little head spin.



Finally at around 8:39 in the morning we reached Dharamshala bus stand. The moment we got down from the bus we were shocked to find that our entire luggage that was kept in diggi of bus was put down in Kangra one of the stop 20 km below Dharamshala. Me and my cousin waited over the bus stop and my elder brother took a local bus to Kangra to collect our missing luggage. Till the time me and my cousin checked out the market place at top of the stand that could be reached with few stairs attached to the bus stop. Over there we had a cup of tea and it was little breezing at that time. In the meantime we asked for a bus from Dharamshal to Mcleodganj which was only 9 Km away. After waited for 1 hour my elder brother came with our luggage that brought us sigh of relief.



At around 9:49 we board a local bus to Mcleaodganj and after few steps bus stopped for quite some time. At that time we thought of hiring a taxi with multiple passengers parking next to the bus. It cost about 15 rupees for each person. Due to rainfall season the road from Dharamshala to Mcleaodganj was slightly damaged and water logging started. As we had to visit Mcleaodganj only so we decided to get hotel over there and asked from hotel tariff from local resident travelling with us in taxi. As per the local hotels in Mcleaodganj is comparatively costlier to Dharamshala. But luckily we found one cheap hotel in main market at around 750 bucks for three persons.



After taking shower we headed towards Bhagsu waterfall on foot which was 3km awat from our hotel. The route was quite amazing as ther was greenery all around and weather was quite awesome. We took several photographs in between our journey. In about one hour we finally reached the Bhagsu temple and it was drizzling at that time. Finally, we reached to Bhagsu waterfall which was amazin to look at flowing far from mountains. We had a great time at waterfall and chilled out there for quite some time.



Our next destination from Bhagsu waterfall was Truind trek which was next to the waterfall. However, it takes 5 hours of time to reach up the hill. But unfortunatly, it was already afternoon time when we were about to start our trek. So, we decided to reach halfaway of trek and came back at around 6 in the evening to our hotel.



At night time we roam here and there in the market and had nice hot soup in one of the restro. Our whole day came to a rest and then we fall asleep in the hotel room.



On 27th july we started our day by first taking nice breakfast and then tunred towards Dalai Lama Monastary. We were wonder struck to see first time on our life a Bhuddh temple and all the scriptures and statues of gods. It took 15 minutes walk from main market to reach the temple. After coming back we hired a auto from auto stand to reach Dal lake, Church and a hill top place called Naddi.

The church was quite a quite place which was jiust 2 km away from main chowk. Not much people were in the church.



Next we headed towards Dal lake which was 3km distance from Mcleaodganj. It was a quite wide lake. Next to Dal lake was a chat stall where we tasted spicy kulcha and hot tea.



Naddi is a must to visit place while planning a trip to Mcleaodganj. It was a wonderful hill top place where you can see manyfolds mountians and clouds.



At around 4 in the evening we checked out from our hotel and hired a auto towards Dharamshala bus stand to board our bus to delhi.



PLACES TO VISIT IN DHARAMSHALA and Distance of Each Destination from Mcleaodganj Main Market



1. Mcleaodganj

2. Bhagsu Temple (3km)

3. Bhagsu Water Fall (3km)

4. Dalai Lama Monastary (1km)

5. Mcleaodganj Church (2km)

6. Dal Lake (3km)

7. Naddi(3km)

8. Triund Trek (7km)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb