Unique Travel Destinations around the World


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai » Bandra
June 24th 2016
Published: June 24th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Travelling is often restricted to the most popular destinations around the world. But what if you could go to some amazing tourist spots that are not usually found in a guide book or a tourism site? Here are the top 5 unique travel destinations around the world.

Leshan Giant Buddha, Sichuan, China

The Leshan Giant Buddha is carved into a mountainside & is 233 feet tall. The Buddha was carved in the 8th century & is one of the largest known Buddha images in the world. While you’re there, make sure you stay at the Panda Inn. True to its name, the inn features pandas everywhere, including the walls & the furniture. Want a little more fun? The staff dresses as pandas as well.

Mont St. Michel, France

Nature has a million ways to surprise us. Mont St. Michel is one such surprise. This is a tidal island. When the tide comes in it is surrounded by water, when the water recedes it is surrounded by land. The island is located off the coast of Normandy, France. Need a little more history in your trip? On the island is a Gothic Abbey that housed prisoners during the French Revolution.

Icehotel, Jukkasjarvi, Sweden

Not afraid of a little cold weather? Located approximately 124 miles above the Arctic Circle, sits the Icehotel. But it is present only in the winter months. The hotel is made almost entirely of ice. Guests sleep on beds made of ice. There is a church, main hall, and bar made from ice. The glasses in the bar are also carved from ice.

Cancun Underwater Museum, Cancun

Looking for some underwater adventure? Head to Cancun, Mexico. In the ocean, just off the coast of Cancun, is the Cancun Underwater Museum. The museum features more than 500 life size sculptures. The underwater sculptures were made from materials to promote the growth of corals. On the sea floor, the sculpture of a man sits on his couch watching television, while schools of fish swim by. This is truly a unique experience.

Alberobello, Italy

Ever heard of a whole town being declared a heritage site? If you visit the town of Alberobello in Italy, you will be standing at a UNESCO World Heritage site. This small town in Italy began in the 14th century when the Court of Conversano colonised it. Here the homes are of trulli. Trulli are dwelling made from limestone & appear cone shaped. When the homes were first built, they were made from interlocking rocks that lacked mortar. Since there was no mortar, they could be moved easily.

Your dream of visiting these & many more interesting locations can become a reality. With a successful career in the aviation, hospitality, and travel & tourism industry you can visit various unique destinations around the world. All you need is the right training from a reputed institute.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb