5 Spectacular Viewpoints in Mahabaleshwar


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mahabaleshwar
July 14th 2017
Published: July 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Situated at an altitude of 1,353 m in the Western Ghats range, Mahabaleshwar is a scenic hill station in Maharashtra. Often referred as the queen of hill stations in Maharashtra, Mahabaleshwar is the source of the Krishna River that flows across Maharashtra, Karnataka, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. Mahabaleshwar is a blend of historic temples, gorgeous waterfalls, misty hills, and valleys. Besides those, this pristine hill station additionally blessed with some splendid viewpoints. From those vantage points you'll be able to get picturesque perspectives of Western Ghats and Krishna Valley. Typically, 2 days is required to explore best Mahabaleshwar Packages. Mahabaleshwar is the source of the Krishna River. Mahabaleshwar attracts hordes of tourists for its lovely views, beautiful landscapes and pleasant temperatures.

Trawell.in presents most popular viewpoints in Mahabaleshwar here.

Arthur Seat

Arthur Seat Point is the maximum famous vantage factor in Mahabaleshwar and many of the top places to visit in Mahabaleshwar. Situated at an altitude of 1340 m, this standpoint is popularly known as as Queen of the Points and is surrounded by means of the deep Savitri gorge on one aspect and a lush inexperienced plateau on the other aspect. Arthur Seat is the handiest place that simply shows the geological distinction among the Konkan and the Deccan territories.

Arthur Point is famous for floating of mild gadgets. The gravitational force of the earth at this factor is minimum and lighter gadgets thrown into the valley are stated to fly up because of air pressure. From this point one can get enchanting view of the Mahabaleshwar Range along with Pratapgad and Tiger's spring, the source of Savitri River.

Elphinstone Point

Elphinstone Point is one of the well-known viewpoints located near Arthur Seat in Mahabaleshwar. Named after Mount Stuart Elphinstone, the then Governor of Bombay Presidency, Elphinstone Point became observed in 1830 via Dr. Murray. This is one of the maximum factors in Mahabaleshwar overlooking the 2 valleys, with rivers Koyna on the left and Savitri at the right. Visitors can get a panoramic view of the Pratapgarh Fort, Koyna Valley and close by plains. One can also respect the ravine, which lies between Elphinstone Point and Arthur Seat Point.

Elephant’s Head Point & Kate’s Point

Kate's Point and Elephant's Head Point are the maximum picturesque viewpoints of Mahabaleshwar. Situated at an altitude of 1290 m, Kate's Point is known as after the then British governor Sir John Malcolm's daughter. This point of view gives an top notch view of the Dhom Dam, Kamalgadh, Pandavgadh and the surrounding valley.

Situated next to Kate's Point, Elephant's Head Point or Needle Hole Point is any other famous standpoint in Mahabaleshwar. The overhanging cliffs of this factor are much like the head of an elephant. Thus the factor were given its call because the Elephant's Head Point. One can see a herbal rock formation with a hollow in between, hence giving the call Needle Hole. From this standpoint, one can also get a breathtaking view of the Sahyadri mountain range.

Bombay Point / Sunset Point

Popularly referred to as Mumbai Point or Bombay Point, Sunset Point is one of the maximum popular viewpoints of Mahabaleshwar. This is the oldest factor of Mahabaleshwar and the point is called so owing to its place at the vintage Bombay street. This is the location from in which people can get the brilliant sunset over the valleys beneath at Mahabaleshwar. The soothing surroundings and a nice climate, makes this region a really perfect spot for overdue afternoon picnic. Besides amazing views, site visitors can also opt for Horse riding and Choupati games.

Wilson Point / Sunrise Point

Wilson Point, popularly referred to as as Sunrise Point, is the best factor in Mahabaleshwar and also one of the must go to Mahabaleshwar Tourist Places. Situated at an altitude of 1439 m, Wilson Point is known as after Sir Leslie Wilson, the Governor of Bombay province from 1923 to 1926. Tourists can experience the beautiful sunrise from this factor. This is a tremendous plateau with three looking towers, from where vacationers can get the enchanting vista of Mahabaleshwar and surrounding plains.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0698s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb