we leave Mumbai - yas


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Aurangabad
November 21st 2005
Published: November 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

I was really looking forward to leaving Bombay, i really liked it but was ready for something new. The overnight train was definately an experience! I really dont want to do it again but will be tomorrow 😊 GREAT! Its not that bad its just i cant sleep, nose becomes blocked with dirt, all indian men staring at me waiting for my shawl to slip just a little bit so they can see me and people coughing up their guts every few minutes. Lovely.

Got to Aurangabad at 5 in the morning, so still feel like we havent recovered from the jet lag. Hotel is the pits, looks like something out of resident evil, BUT the area is really nice and alot less hassel than in bombay.

Wondered round yesterday and saw the town, not much here but a nice community. There was a school for girls and they all took it in turns to say "hello" to daniel and then run off giggling. Ahhh

Visited Ellora caves today, they were beautiful, amazing infact. Daniel climbed up to the third floor of one but i was affraid of the hight.. and the bats. The caves were really huge... much bigger than i expected. I have lots of pictures which i will be uploading asap.

We rode in a shared jeep home, knew it was a bad idea but two german girls wouldnt go without us so we all got in together. The driver promised no more people (there were 10 of us) and still kept piling more people in. He also wanted us to pay r20 when the locals paid r6.... so we gave him r12 and told him where to go. Dont mind paying over the odds.. its expected but come on! He told us it was a luxury, i think its the bus every time from now on.

Catching the train at 19.00 tomorrow, almost had a punch up to get the ticket. Funny how you are ignored unless you are being sold something a man barged his way in front of me at the ticket booth. I think he was a bit shocked that i reacted with "what do u think you are doing?" did the trick tho! I did ask the man behind the counter for a morning train but he was 'so important' and on his mobile phone that my request was ignored so the night train it is!

To Hyderbad it is.... lots of trendy bars and an impressive fort.. will write more from there! (hopefully some pics too!)

yasmine xx

Advertisement



22nd November 2005

Hi
Hi yas Glad you are having a good time.. I am still working on your photo gallery/blog thing so I will let you know when i'm done... Not too urgent is it? ;) Have a nice time :) Michael xx

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb