Venture Into ‘God’s Own Country’ For The Experience Of A Lifetime


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Trivandrum
January 25th 2016
Published: January 25th 2016
Edit Blog Post

‘God's Own Country’or in other words, the state of Kerala in India, a treasure trove of wonders, is indeed a sight to behold, Mythology states that when Parasurama (the sixth reincarnation of Lord Vishnu) threw his axe into the waters, and thus, the state of Kerala unearthed from the depths of the waters. The beauty of this state is unparalleled. A trip to Kerala is destined to be a perfect amalgamation of grand forts, revered churches, museums, opulent palaces and picturesque beauty.



Idukki District

Amongst the main attractions of Kerala is Munnar, a small hill station situated at 1600m above sea level, in the Idukki district, near the Western Ghats. This region is the home for several endangered species of flora and fauna. Located at the confluence of three mountain streams, it offers a spectacular view of the craggy peaks, tea plantations and winding lanes of the picturesque town, painting a very pretty sight to behold.

God's Own District in his own country!

Thekaddy is the location of Periyar National Park, one of the most fascinating natural wildlife reserves in the world. The boat safari in this reserve is one of the tourist attractions, the lake, attracts large herds of wild elephants to play and quench their thirst for water. The safari provide a once in a life time opportunity to watch these elephants, up so close.

Shopper’s Paradise

The town of Kumily, located 4 kilometers from Thekaddy, is a plantation town, which is the main shopping center for spices. Just like Murikkady, which covers a distance of 5kms provides a panoramic view of cardamon, coffee and pepper plantations.

A Glimpse of the Backwaters

Alappuzha is a hub of Kerala's backwaters; it is a host of a vast network of waterways and thousands of houseboats, along with a myriad of canals. Commonly known as Alleppey, this city has been aptly termed as the ‘Venice of the East'. A Complete Kerala tour package would be incomplete without a cruise through the small narrow canals, lagoons and lakes and an overnight stay in a houseboat.

Athirapally Vazhachal Waterfalls is the famous 80 feet waterfall, whose waters cascade calmly from the higher ranges into gorges enveloped in trees. The white cascading spray of water appears to possess a tranquil and magical aura.



The Main Cities

Thiruvananthapuram has its Travancore palaces, fine arts and beaches to offer to the tourists like Kumarakom has its lakes, boathouses, honeymoon, lagoons and natural beauty to offer to the tourists. Palakkad is steeped in its cultural and traditional heritage, which is prevalent in its temples and other architectural structures. Kozhikode and Thissur has a lot to offer for everybody, starting from picturesque views to beaches to temples to shopping. It would take days to get the complete authentic feel of Kerala. But Kerala packages from ahemdabadare made in such a manner so as to provide the authentic Kerala experience to the tourist within a limited number of days.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.255s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 18; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb