Oh I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Kovalam
January 14th 2007
Published: January 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So, what so you need after a few days walking in the woods? A beach of course. With this in mind we set off from Periya to Kovallam on the Kerelan coast. The eight huors bus ride actually fine and we arrived in one pice.

Kovallam is lovley despite being full of package tourists, white, burnt and beer swilling. But appart form that its a little cove full of hippy shops and cafes witha working fishing beach and lots of freshly cuaght seafood on offer.

We mamaged to haggle down the price of a room with a balcony with a view of the sea. It was half way up a hill but awau from the main beach so nice and quiet. We spent most of two days window shopping, shopping, sitting in cafes and on the beach and generally relaxing. I found a shop that did t-shirts with hand painted pixies on them that glow in uv light. So i had one made for me. I've got so used to getting everything tailor made here - don't know what i'll do at home.

Sam took adavantage of the fresh fish. You can go and pick out the one you want, haggle over the price and get it cooked for you. Racheal also tried the tiger prawns which were about 6-8 inches long. I also found lots of good veggie food to keep me happy.

Although we spent two full days there there really isn't much more to say about it as we did just spend the time relaxing. It was very nice though. Kerela is defniatly shaping up as my favourite place in India. I would definatly come back here and recomend it to anyone who wants a (comparitivly) hassle free trip to India. Peoples english is exellant here and we have met some very helpful people.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb