Fort Cochin lodging


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Kochi
December 22nd 2007
Published: December 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Kochi homestayKochi homestayKochi homestay

The sitting room and porch were lovely.
We've had a lovely time in an apartment-like homestay on Buergher St. in Kochi. The proprietor of Preethy Store (ph: 0484-226547) on Bastion Street has a couple of rooms above his house -- the inexpensive rooms (~$20) have AC, and are clean and neat, but the highlight is the nice porch overlooking Buergher St. and the sitting room, kitchen, and refrigerator. Hotel Arches, on Rose St. (0484-2215050), also run by his family, sent us here, and it's been an excellent change from a hotel, with the side benefit of getting to know him and his family a bit.

There are some nice new hotels in Fort Kochi not yet in the guidebooks -- Yoder House and Old Harbour Hotel, both with nice rooms and ambience, and equal quality but half the price of the high-end places (Brunton Boatyard and Malabar House.) They're all nice if you're willing to pay $180-200 (or twice that) for a double. Dimners at Yoder House were excellent as was dinner at the Brunton Boatyard and breakfast at Old Harbour. The garden at Old Harbour was particularly nice, with an attractive pool -- wonderful to look at during breakfast.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Kochi homestay porchKochi homestay porch
Kochi homestay porch

Our proprietor cared for the plants each morning; he'd like to have a much larger garden!
Old Harbour HotelOld Harbour Hotel
Old Harbour Hotel

If you want to splurge, this place has a fantastic garden.


Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb