News from the Subcontinent


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka
January 27th 2009
Published: January 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

At Vodafone storeAt Vodafone storeAt Vodafone store

Waiting my fortune to be told. Drawings were made and fortune was told while waiting.
It's hot. Hot hot hot. "Fortunately" I've been inside all day. It's almost six o'clock and I'm out for the first time today because I've had to attend to our burping patient all day home, without talking. I could talk but she had to observe silcence. The others went to the college clinic so I've been buried between the books and trying to make sense to rectal enemas.
Me and Michi have finally changed houses. We're two houses away from our teachers place. It is a nice apartment after we've been furiously cleaning every angle of it. The delay of a week in getting the place was due to our teacher being very kind and installing us a shower and a pan in the toilet. Still, the sink is in the balcony, don't ask why.
The indian brooms are different. Difficult to explain precisely how they are formed, but they have a particular charateristic that puzzled me a bit. Brand new, out of the shining package, they have dust already in them! You can actually enjoy dusting from the very first sweep!
The schools are about to close their doors for the next few months for their holiday. A few days
Curious nameCurious nameCurious name

This car is named with the c-word in Finnish.
ago, we were invited to an end of school function of which you've already seen a few pictures. We saw around 30 performances of children between 7 and 11 years of age, each one eager to get to the stage. There were about 1000 guest and we were given the priviledge to sit in the front row, next to the president of the school, Madam Kothari, who comes to us for treatments. It was amazing to see the confidence and enthusiasm of the children. Every child had to be there at any cost even if it was to play a 15 second tune on a tiny little electric keyboard. We saw impressive skills in singing, story telling, dancing and playing. Apart from an occasional loss of electricity, the evening was a success, lots of laughs and hand clapping, no bruises nor stiffness left from sitting three hours in the not so comfortable seats.
I have a new mobile number should you be in need to make my day. +91 9620009682.
Light - Life - Love
Anu


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Nanny teaching...Nanny teaching...
Nanny teaching...

... how to make a papaya facial mask.
Linda is learningLinda is learning
Linda is learning

... how to apply papaya


Tot: 0.335s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0726s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb