Living the life of a celebrity!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka
February 18th 2008
Published: February 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bangalore was a big dissapointment for us. We were promised cheap clothes and a great night life and it certainly wasnt that. What made it worse was we couldnt get a night train out so we had to hang around for ages. We met up with Gin Jocelyns friend from uni for a meal one night which was really good. By the third day hanging about we couldn't really face doing anything so we settled in a park close to where we were staying.
Suddenly we were approached by indian after indian facinated by us asking for autographs and photos with us absolutely hilarious we all felt like movie stars!
That night we got the night train to Hampi. Hampi was absolutely amazing we spent a few days cycling round the ruins and chilling out in are hostel.
Jocelyn started taking the size zero thing a bit far, think the fame had got to her head and had to be rushed to hospital as she had chronic sickness and diarhoea and ended up on a drip. The doctor wanted her to stay for three days but the hospital was horrendous so we quickly invented a story about flying home etc and he quickly sorted her out! ( think he was thinking he was on to a right money spinner!)
We went for a nice "Easy" bike ride to kill a bit of time before we had to catch our sleeper bus but ended up cycling 3 K out of our way up hill. NOt the best thing for a girl whos just checked herself out of hospital.
That night we caught the sleeper bus to Gokarna. Absolute nightmare our bunks were tiny and it was 2 to a bunk. The bus had no suspension and the journey was all pot holes. I'm just glad i knew jocelyn because we certainly got close that night imagine if it had been a complete randomer.
We are now in Gokarna absolutely lush. Palm trees and deserted beaches! We went for another of our "easy" adventures last night and ended up going for a pure hike even ended up rock climbing. haha.
oops.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb