Indiapost


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Mysore
February 13th 2009
Published: March 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

A customer is the most important visitor on our premises.
He is not dependent on us.
We are dependent on him.
He is not an interruption in our work.
He is the purpose of it
He is not an outsider on our business.
He is part of it.
We are not doing a favour by serving him.
He is doing us a favor by giving an opportunity to do so.

-Indiapost sign at the Mysore Main Post-Office.

Before leaving Mysore, I mailed a couple of boxes back to myself. The packed box has to be sealed into a white cloth covering. So you take the box to a tailor and they make a custom pillow-case-like envelope for box, and sew it up closed. We had this done by a couple of guys in a garage, which also served as a matress making shop. At the post-office, I had to stand in line 3 times: first to receive a customs declaration form (when I mailed from the Gokulam branch post office, you had to provide your own form, they did not keep blanks); second, the line to be shown how to attach the now-filled-in form to the box; third, to weigh and mail the package. There was also a separate line to ask to borrow a marker, and a separate window to provide the glue. So far, so good: 2 out of 3 boxes beat me home.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb