Candlelight cocktails (TC)


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Kundapura
January 30th 2013
Published: January 31st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 30 – Thursday 31 January 2013

I’m keeping this one short and sweet too as we are on the last leg of the trip and taking a little bit of time to relax and reflect on our time in India.

We have arrived in Kundapur and we are staying in a hotel, Blue Waters, owned by Abhinandan Shetty. Abhi has recognised that we are exhausted so we have a more relaxing itinerary for the next two days. This also gives us a chance to enjoy this beautiful resort, right next to the place where five rivers meet the Arabian Sea, and to catch up on some sleep.

Abhi has taken us on a boat trip to an island where we can see various wildlife, and also to his floriculture farm, his family temple and to his other resort, Green Woods, a secluded hideaway favoured by artists and creative types looking for some tranquillity in noisy and busy India. We were also able to share a nice meal with Abhi and his beautiful wife Neeta, as well as their two children. We got to know Neeta and daughter Ahana better when they took us to the beach too.

Kundapur is also our last presentation to a Rotary club. Staying in this beautiful resort almost makes you forget that you are in India. Then you go to a meeting in a rotary hall with a power cut and you have to present to a noisy audience by candlelight.

Blue Waters is certainly a hidden gem in Kundapur. I have asked Abhi how he markets his resorts and he is working solely on word of mouth. Locals and international guests are flocking here and it’s easy to see why. It really is quite different to anywhere we have stayed in India. I would recommend this place to anybody visiting Karnataka who wants a bit of luxury after staying in traditional £3 a night hotels and lodgings. Ashok, our resident cocktail waiter, the Tom Cruise of India, will make sure you are well looked after, and it’s just £50 a night! You wouldn’t get this at home!

How can we say goodbye to Karnataka? It feels like home!

Tracy x


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb