Are Indians spiritual? Our clear answer is: no, not more or less than in the rest of the world....


Advertisement
Asia » India » Karnataka » Hassan
December 30th 2014
Published: January 21st 2015
Edit Blog Post

OK, the headline is quite provocative. We do have some indian friends who are spiritual. So please, we do not want to offend anyone. We are just talking about the mass of people and what we observed on our travels. But later some thought on this. From Madikeri we took one of the many buses down to Hassan. If you want to travel this route: just be warned! The road is really bad and during these... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 43, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Hassan streetlife on a sundayHassan streetlife on a sunday
Hassan streetlife on a sunday

I love the man carrying his suitcase on the right



21st January 2015

Good one
A really good blog. And some very true statements, but if you were an Indian, you might see some things differently. Well written! Enjoyed reading it.
22nd January 2015

Thank you. Well, I hope, there are different opinions about our thoughts! Interestingly, some Indians were discussing this topic with us. And they had a much stronger view of it as we do. Some of them do not go to temples any more (they have their own little ones). One indian friend even told us: "Listening to the heart - this is something, indians cannot do. Society pressure is to high." Anyway, it is not about judging. Who knows which is the "right" way...?
26th January 2015

Karma
Great blog of life on a dusty road. Amazing what you find. Without the shitholes the most memorable situations may be diluted or washed down the memory drain.
26th January 2015

Thanks Dave. Oh yes, the shitholes are the ones that stick to your memory and are always part of a good laugh - some time later ;-)......
7th February 2015

Hassan
The Shree Lodge experience is enough to make you consider making reservations in advance. That is the down side of how we travel, roaming with no real pre-planning. Most of the time it is perfect but there are days like this. Never underestimate the importance and joy clean sheets can provide. Enjoyed reading your impressions.
7th February 2015

reservations
oh yes, sometimes reservations are essential. But we have also experienced it the other way around. We had a reservation in a place and it turned out to be really awful. So we lost some money. But well, when it is over it is always a fun story.... ;-) and we will remember it for a long time.

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb