Hampi with the Isrealies


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Hampi
February 2nd 2006
Published: February 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

So yes I realise that it's been a bit since my last entry but interent on om beach blows.

So yes i have been on om beach, not with the two girls from belguim and the french boy however but with a british girl. The five of us got on the train together and then they had to move because they were sitting in reserved seats, Kirsty (british girl) and i were as well though no one had come to clame ours so we stayed as they went to another carriage. Now we were all suppose to get off the plateform at Gokarna and take a cab into town, but they never got off the train. I have absolutely no idea where they ended up or what happened, and i doubt that i will ever see them again, it was kind of sad really. So Kirsty invited me to join her to om beach and since my other plans had just rode away i decided to join her.

We were at Om beach for 4 days and on the first day I met Yogev. Well really i stalked him because i wanted to listen to him playing gitar and then realised it would be less creepy to just go sit with him (i still don't think that he realised i was stalking him). Yogev introduced me to him friends Eran and Snir and we spent the next four days just sitting around the beach playing gitar and swimming (hard life i know).

Kirsty was spending her last week on the beach before she flew back to England, she leaves tomorrow, so when the isrealies invited me to join them to hampi I agreed. We took the sleeper bus from Ankula and got here at about 8am. Now when they say sleeper bus they should really say yes it has beds but it's too bouncy to sleep without giving you whiplash (hum... maybe that's just too long for the sign). We're staying in a lovely guest house across the river, and have a beautful view of the boulders. Tomorrow we're going to the monkey temple and sightseeing.

And to answer the question writen to me, the bus from delhi to goa is rather boring, so if you're travelling with someone take cards. Try to book the tickets through the foreign tourist office on the second flow of the new delhi train station (you're pretty much garenteed to sit with other travellers) and bring an warm shawl or blanket, it can get really cold at night and I caught a cold on it. Oh and do be sure to chain your bags to the seats, they have a tendency to go missing. I almost forgot, mosquitos seem to flock to the trains this time of year, i was attacked.

Now with arambol, i stayed at Shiv Shanti right off the main road, it's ok, big rooms with on suite bahtrooms (no hot water but that's sort of to be expected) if you want a beach house there are a ton down on the beach (you have to get out of the taxi and walk) that run you about 300 rps a night, maybe less since the season is ending.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb