Monsoon's a coming


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Hampi
April 17th 2007
Published: April 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

At breakfast we were told about the waterfalls the other side of the river so we took the boat over and started walking in the glorious sunshine, through the Jurassic territory to the waterfalls cafe where we had decided to have lunch before continuing on to the falls.....

So there we were sat there enjoying the sunshine when all of a sudden the wind began to pick up and the palm tree just in front of us was acting like something you would see on a news report about extreme weather and then BANG, the thunder kicked in and the lightening came crashing down, all very beautiful unless you are completely inappropriately dressed and in the middle of a banana plantation that looks like it's about to be ripped apart by the ravaging weather...."Monsoon" the owner happily informed us.....No Shit Sherlock!!!!

So as we're wondering what the hell to do (as I said very inappropriately dressed and the place is falling apart around us) when in run the Spanish girls soaked through and looking shocked and disheveled, the poor sods had actually made it to the waterfalls (another 20minute walk) so had got caught in the middle of it and now couldn't even get shelter at a restaurant . So we stayed and watched the storm until there was simply no point trying to shelter as we were already soaked so we made our way back to the chai shop before catching the boat back and going to our hut at Mowgli's where we were now staying.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb