Day 2


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Jammu & Kashmir » Srinagar
July 5th 2012
Published: July 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Vippen was already waiting for us at 10am, he took us back to the 'Tourist booking office' to get our bus and train tickets before we left for Srinagar.

We waited and waited and waited....

So in the end we were given our train tickets for our later journeys and Vippen took us to the Bus station and got our bus tickets there. We were under the impression that the bus was supposed to leave Delhi at 12 midday.... After waiting in Vippen's car for 2.5 hours in over 40 degree heat the bus finally left at 2pm. We were actually in good spirits (somehow haha) and so we set off for the 24 hour journey to Srinagar.

Once we got out of Delhi the heat was more bearable and we actually got a bit of a breeze! We stopped off probably about 4 times overall, some places were fine - others were holes haha.

We made it into the Himalayas by the next morning, which was absolutely amazing to wake up to. Graeme had already been stared at by pretty much every Indian person in Delhi, but once we were up in the mountains people were amazed by him. A few people actually stopped their cars when passing us to ask if they could have a photo taken with him! At one point there was a whole car full of Indian guys that took it in turns to have a photo taken with him. Graeme loved it!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



15th July 2012

wow
hi u 2. graeme is a star, he is so popular, its that smile that does it. why didnt they want pics of u, are you using deodorant sweetie, ha ha place looks amazing . keep well love you xxxx

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb