A Heavenly Honeymoon at Earthly Prices


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Jammu & Kashmir » Srinagar
June 5th 2009
Published: June 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Kashmir is in real sense “Paradise on Earth”. At first glance you will fall in love with the serenity of this place. It seems as if god created each and every leaf of life on this mesmerizing heaven with his own hands.
My trip to Kashmir not only proved to be a rejuvenating, it also taught me to be thrift and plan a wonderful holiday in limited budget. With the commencement of the internet it has become so easy to book your hotels, houseboats and whatever you would like for your trip. In a serendipitous discovery I found a site named GoHoto.in which was a key to the treasure of hotels. I plugged in the cities of Kashmir and there they were on one page showing me all the possible hotels and the great news was that they were all at a discounted prices (even in the peak summer season). This was a positive signal for the most lovely trip ever to ‘Land Of LoveIt’s’ who’s memories are as green as were the lush green forests and as fresh and soft as the snow on the mountains.
The majestic mountains were so welcoming; the sweet melody of the river was our guide through the sinuous roads; the flower beds invited us to start the new life amidst then; the houseboats just added magic to our romantic new beginning. This was just the start, the cool breeze told me that it had a lot in store for me.
This came true when I first stepped in the house boat. The stay there made me feel as if I was living a fairy tale dream. The colossal Himalayas surrounding the house boats in the legendary Dal Lake gives the feeling of the perfect romantic set up, you only come across in books. It is a perfect place for the love of newlyweds to blossom with the blossoming lotuses and roses surrounding the houseboat. The ride in the shikara and the poetic breeze is enchanting enough for one to knit their love story in the cradle of nature.
Gulmarg ’Meadow of Flowers’ and Sonmarg the 'Meadow of Gold', just few kms away from Srinagar are places where nature exceeds human imagination of beauty. The vibrant flower beds, the rich green sideways and the snow capped peaks, with a small cottage amidst the woods is one such place where the flight of fantasy will also bow in front of nature. The poetry of nature Kashmir is meant for honeymooners, to bring their fantasies to life.
--

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb