Survived the first 3 days!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Jammu & Kashmir » Srinagar
June 19th 2008
Published: June 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Greetings all from Indai ... Well i have arrived safe and sound - Fugh!!

I am not going to bore you with places i have been and the history behind them on this blog because lets face it that is pretty boring to read so will just tell you the funny, the scary, the wierd and anything i think is interesting 😊 Who knows, you may find it interesting as well.

Rough over view,arrived in Delhi at 8am, got to hotal and slept until 2pm - It rain most of the day. See a couple of sights in afternonn before eating and then bed as still tired, however these are my first experiences of Delhi ..... MENTAL!! Still not sure if in a good or bad way though!!

So far have seen a man dancing on one leg on in the third lane of a four lane motorway. A four lane motor way become seven lanes at junctions -Much like a bundle. It does not matter if it is a lorry, bus, car, tuc-tuc, bike or a pedestrian, no one moves out of the way. Every person thinks it is their right of way. The only indication they give is a 'beep' of their horn. I get the inpression that whoever can 'beep' for the longest or loudest or the most times repetitively in a period of times wins the right to pass and let me tell you, on the mountain road i was on, which has 700ft sheer drops i was actually pretty nervous - My fists did clentch a bit.

On second day got a 24 hour bus to Kashmir which is in the very north. The journey took 28 - Yes i said 28 hours on the bus ... I would have killed someone if i had not been so scared i might die myself on the mountain roads. Lucky all the locals spoke to me with good English and i knew i was except when i got to sit next to the driver on his prayer mat (read on and you will find out why that was the most appropriote place). This mat is windscreen height, right next to the open bus door. There are no handles and have to sit crossed legged without shoes. I did this while the bus was driving so when we went round corners i have never clentch my body or prayed to god and i meant all the gods so much because if i fell i was straight out the door and falling 500ft - 700ft. What a rush though. I said i was excepted maybe they wanted to kill me but we all had a laugh anyway. Sorry mum, i know i said i would stay safe but if the locals ask/tell you to do something then it is rude not to.

When eventually arrived i got to my house boat and was immediately upgrade to their honeymoon sweet because i have had friends visit their before so thank you Dawn and Emily. I have my own boat, a private taxi service, 24 hour food, a guide and pretty much whatever i want - I have my own god damn servent ... Cool beans as Jo says!!

Anyway loads more i could say but will save it for now as this internet room is roasting. I am off into the mountains for an eight day and seven night hike tomorrow so will speak to you all soon ... Bye bye!!

Marky

PS - Mum do not panic
PPS - Two guys behind me are looking at porn LOL
PPS - Photos to follow at somepoint - Need to sort them all out first
PPPS - Enjoy!!





Advertisement



19th June 2008

mummys not going to be happy hehe sounds like your having a good time, write soon xx
7th August 2008

Wow we are still known in India!!
Glad you got some upgrades cause of us!! Sounds like your having a great time, it's bringing my trip all back to me. Keep safe, have fun and grab every experiance you can!!

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0678s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb