rural india update


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh
September 10th 2006
Published: September 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone,
Got a chance to get on the internet. We have arrived at the RUCHI complex in Bandh, India. Bandh is a very small village in an amazingly beautiful (and remote) part of Northern India in the foothills of the himalayas. RUCHI is the ngo that I am volunteerinmg with, and they do work in several sectors in things like providing clean water supply, supporting womens groups, education on health issues, etc. They are a really great organization with a great philosophy. They have some troubles with funding because they don't want to get too mixed up with politicians because then they would have to compromise some of their ideas. theyve got a lot of help from new zealanders, and have had some visitors from the uk, but im their first US volunteer with the current program.

anyway, ill put up more pictures when i can get to a faster internet connection, but it is incredibly beautiful here. the ruchi staff here are so nice and helpful. one woman, neelam is attempting to teach me hindi. i can now saw may name is anne. mera naam anne hai. and i few other things. also, im getting totally amazing food. home cooked indian food 2 or 3 times a day, i hope i dont get too fat it is so delicious.

love anne

Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.1433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb