Day 17 (Shimla)


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Shimla
July 21st 2011
Published: July 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Got up early(ish) as planned and went into town to find breakfast.

Found a nice looking place, one of the nicest looking places ive been, the staff were wearing uniform suits with bow ties and there were old ships wheels and paintings decorating the walls. The food was good, i went foreggs, chips and more mystery meat sausages.

After breakfast i decided to explore another part of Shimla called MIddle Bazzar, a jumble of winding streets working their way down the hill and jam packed with shops and stalls selling just about everything. I took the oppertunity to buy a few bits and after a few hours i worked my way back to the hotel. Soon after i got in it started to pour with rain (it rains at least once a day here but rarely for more than an hour or two) so i stayed in the hotel for a few hours and when the rain stopped i decided to have an early dinner. As i said before i had planned to go to Domino's even before i arrived and so i decided to go fo it. A large pizza, drink and desert together was more expensive than anywhere else i have been so far, infact, 4 of us have eaten an Indian meal for about the same price but it was still cheaper than back home and in india they take the term deep pan seriously. I had planned on going to see more of Shimla after dinner but i had only eaten half the pizza and didnt want to walk around for hours holding the box so i decided to head back to the hotel (getting more than the usual number of stares and even a chuckle from some of the tourists i walked past, i know India is famous for its range of wonderful foods, but every now and then a proper pizza can defeat them all). It started raining again on my way back and by the time it had stopped it was getting dark again and it seems the cinima has closed down, the doors have been barred since i arrived. So i have decided to stay in. Leaving for Dharamsala/McLeod Ganj in the morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb