increadible India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Shimla
May 28th 2006
Published: May 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

yo
I'll start for the end, yesterday I took a 8 hours long Himalayian bus ride form Duhra dun to Shimla, and i did it no the roof on the bus.
Wow, what an expirece. but the story goes like this, after we left Rishikesh we went to Muisoory, which is on the foots of the Himalaya mountains, and is a small resort town which reminded me alot of Verbiere, a la Inde. the uphill walks the air was all to femiliar, except the beggers the smell and the livelihood which is so present here but isn't there is Swiss. we stayed ther for two day and this was all nice, when i say we I mean Olg my travel companian for Delhi, Akam a crasy Russian that plays the floot, myself and girl we literly pick on the way. the traveling circus that how i call it. then we had left the place and got to Dahra dun for the 10 am bus, but as the ticket man explained we were 5 and there was only one place. of course the next bus leaves 8 PM, so catching the next bus wasn't an option.
so after some haggeling it was
SmileSmileSmile

me and a Indian guy I dragged to join on the roof
decided that that we can take the bus, and the condactor will find us a place, but ofcourse there was noon and we had to sit of the floor, so we decided to take the roof instead. at first its scary, i mean the only safy is your hand holing the bar, but after a while you get relaxed and start enjoying it, the wind the view its all oo perfect. the bus take the major part of the road aropund 2000 meter, so the scean is spectaciour. however after 6 hours you start to get a bit tired of the thing, you are sunburned, the back hurts and all this but still a great experiance.
now i'm in Shimla which is a resort twon founded by the Brits to run away from the heat in Delhi. not going to spend much time here, and from here i'll be gouing to the Kinour Vally where the nature is more present then humen.
till next
Boaz


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



29th May 2006

Beter beter beter Sjaak!
29th May 2006

Hey Boaz!!!!! Wow, crazy things there, and nice pictues!!! Enjoy!!! Lots of love Pam
30th May 2006

Dude, it looks amazing what you are doing, the pics are brilliant and it sounds too cool. Burma was a blast and really cool. Keep having fun.

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0704s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb